HoneyBush and Rooibos teas
These teas were introduced to the West by the San people of Southern Africa, and their health benefits are only now being fully appreciated.
These are our favourite teas. Especially the honeybush tea - it tastes like honey without the sweetness. Also, these teas are good for you. The tins have beautiful, bushman-style artwork and make a superb gift for someone who appreciates teas.
Did You Know?
Medical science is only beginning to discover the many health advantages of Rooibos and Honeybush. The Bushmen used it to:
- relieve insomnia and nervous tension
- relieve constipation, stomach cramps and colic in infants
- relieve hay fever, asthma and allergies
- ease skin conditions such as eczema, acne and nappy rash
- supplement daily intake of calcium, manganese and fluoride (in addition, these teas are rich in Super Oxide Dismutase (S.O.D.), an anti-oxidant that scavenges on free-radicals, limiting their damaging effect and thereby counteracting the bodys aging process)
- supplement the body's iron levels during breast feeding (these teas are low in tannin and do not inhibit the absorption of trace elements and minerals).